FATF watch list: China opposes use of finance as political tool to put pressure on Pakistan
“We also oppose the use of finance as a political measure to put pressure on Pakistan” China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said at a regular press briefing.
Responding to a question that some countries accused Pakistan of flaws in fighting terrorism financing in recent past, the spokesperson said: “The Pakistani government and people have made tremendous efforts and made great sacrifices for the international anti-terrorism cause.”
“In recent years, in particular, Pakistan has actively taken a series of measures to strengthen financial supervision and crackdown on terrorist financing and made important progress.
“All parties should objectively and justly treat the Pakistani anti-terrorist efforts, instead of simply blaming them. We also oppose the use of finance as a political measure to put pressure on the Pakistani side,” he added.
Pakistan 'survives' placement on FATF's grey ... 12:58 PM | 24 Feb, 2018
PARIS - Pakistan has apparently narrowly escaped a US-led bid to put Pakistan on a terror-financing watchlist, ...
“Their political mutual trust will be unbreakable and neither will any attempt to leave the Sino-Pakistani relations.”
- India spreading sectarian violence to destabilize Pakistan, says FM ...09:51 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- All you need to know about new US president Biden’s inauguration ...08:42 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's Tech minister welcomes Whatsapp decision to delay change ...08:27 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Online fraud! Indian journalist quits NDTV to take up unreal 'Harvard ...07:59 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021