FATF watch list: China opposes use of finance as political tool to put pressure on Pakistan
“We also oppose the use of finance as a political measure to put pressure on Pakistan” China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said at a regular press briefing.
Responding to a question that some countries accused Pakistan of flaws in fighting terrorism financing in recent past, the spokesperson said: “The Pakistani government and people have made tremendous efforts and made great sacrifices for the international anti-terrorism cause.”
“In recent years, in particular, Pakistan has actively taken a series of measures to strengthen financial supervision and crackdown on terrorist financing and made important progress.
“All parties should objectively and justly treat the Pakistani anti-terrorist efforts, instead of simply blaming them. We also oppose the use of finance as a political measure to put pressure on the Pakistani side,” he added.
Pakistan 'survives' placement on FATF's grey ... 12:58 PM | 24 Feb, 2018
PARIS - Pakistan has apparently narrowly escaped a US-led bid to put Pakistan on a terror-financing watchlist, ...
“Their political mutual trust will be unbreakable and neither will any attempt to leave the Sino-Pakistani relations.”
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021