ECP withholds notification of Shaukat Yousafzai's victory
The order came on Tuesday after the Chief Election Commissioner, Justice (retd) Sardar Mahmood Raza headed a five-member commission and discussed the low female voter turn-out in PK-23, Shangla constituency from where Yousafzai had won during the July 25 polls.
During the meeting, neither the petitioner nor the winning candidate appeared before the commission owing to which the five members decided to withhold the notification in another blow to the party that had lost a provincial seat owing to vote recount in PK-70.
Seeking a reply from Yousafzai in the case, the commission adjourned the hearing till August 13.
PML-N may lose another seat as ECP mulls ... 11:12 AM | 3 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The embattled Pakistan Muslim league Nawaz is likely to lose another seat of the National Assembly as the ...
PTI's central leader from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Yousafzai had won from PK-23, Shangla with 17,399 votes in the 2018 General Election.
Ahead of the elections, the electoral body had declared that results of any constituency would be declared invalid if the female turnout would be lower than 10 percent.
Earlier today, the ECP said it will notify newly-elected members of the national and provincial assemblies.
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022