PEMRA to auction 3 DTH licences on Dec 7
An official of PEMRA told APP on Monday that November 6 was the last date for submission of applications, and now the applicants will be short listed/pre-qualified on the basis of eligibility criteria.
The short listed applicants will then be invited for bidding/auctioning on December 7 and licenses to successful bidders will be awarded on completion of all legal requirements, payment of requisite fee and approval of PEMRA, he said.
The PEMRA official said it is expected that the successful launch of DTH services in Pakistan will result in investment of millions of dollars in the country along with creation of thousands of direct and indirect jobs.
The availability of legal DTH platform in Pakistan, he said, will also help curb the proliferation of illegal Indian DTH which is causing loss of billions of rupees to the national exchequer annually.
The launch of this service will be a step forward towards meeting the direction of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) for digitalization of broadcast media and distribution service.
It will also provide an opportunity to the Pakistani satellite operator for utilizing its available capacity for the DTH service.
- My investor is my master’, Pakistan’s PM Shehbaz tells Turkish ...05:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Imran Khan reaches Rawalpindi amid threats, to address PTI’s ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022