India will not allow water to flow to Pakistan, threatens Modi
The BJP leader said he 'will stop this water' (from flowing into Pakistan), adding that the farmers of Haryana and Rajasthan have the rights over the water that is flowing to Pakistan and was not stopped by successive Indian governments.
"Modi will fight your battle," he assured the people at the rally in Charkhi Dadri in Haryana.
India and Pakistan share water under the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) brokered by the World Bank. For many decades, the treaty remained in place despite wars between the neighbours, however, Modi has been threatening to 'dry up' Pakistan with threats.
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020