Hamza Shehbaz allowed to travel abroad after LHC orders his name’s removal from ECL
Through his counsel Azam Nazir Tarar advocate, Hamza Shehbaz had filed in a writ petition in the LHC stating that the interior ministry placed his name on the exit control list (ECL) in an arbitrary manner as no opportunity of hearing had been afforded to him before the impugned action.
The opposition leader stated that he on Nov 27, 2018, intended to travel abroad to see his ailing wife, undergoing medical treatment in the United Kingdom. However, he said, he was informed by the authorities that his name had been included in the list on the advice of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
Hamza pleaded that the right to travel and free movement was guaranteed under the Constitution, however, the impugned memorandum issued by the interior ministry was in utter violation of his fundamental rights.
He contended that a bare perusal of the ministry’s memorandum showed that it had been issued in an unfair exercise of executive powers and failed to give any valid reason.
He further pleaded that the act of placing his name on the ECL was in violation of Articles 2-A, 4, 9, 15, and 25 of the Constitution.
Justice Farrukh Irfan Khan, after hearing the plea, gave him one-time permission to travel abroad.
NAB nominates Shehbaz, Hamza as accused in the ... 12:28 PM | 12 Jan, 2019
LAHORE. The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore has completed investigations into the Ramzan Sugar Mills Case ...
Hamza, along with his father Shehbaz Sharif and brother Salman Shehbaz, is facing multiple NAB inquiries, including those into Ramzan Sugar Mills road construction and assets beyond means.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021