No evidence of blasphemy found against Mashal Khan, says IGP KP
Speaking to newsmen, the police chief said that police had nominated a total number of 20 suspects in the FIR. Out of the 20, 16 had been taken into custody, and a total of 12 more suspects have been identified.
He further disclosed that as nothing substantial was found against Mass Communication student Mashal, no legal action could have been taken against him. Mehsud maintained that another student 'Abdullah' who was also attacked with Mashal Khan, had rejected the allegations against him. He said that Abdullah had not been granted a chance to defend himself or present his point of view.
"Today, Abdullah presented himself before the court and recorded his statement as to what happened inside the Abdul Wali Khan University" he said.
IG Khyber Pakhtunkhwa said that in general, 22 suspects had been arrested. He said that as far as social media was concerned, help from the FIA had been sought.
"The investigation is headed in a positive direction, and hopefully a good result will be obtained," he claimed.
Mashal, a student of sixth semester in the Mass Communication department of Abdul Wali Khan was lynched to death over allegations of blasphemy on Thursday. The brutal torture sparked outrage and social activists and masses demanded a fair inquiry into the incident.
Chief Justice of Pakistan has also taken suo-moto notice of the incident whereas the prime minister Nawaz Sharif also condemned the incident, and has also issued orders to arrest the perpetrators behind the killing of Mashal.
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022