Saudi Prince Salman orders release of 2,107 Pakistani prisoners in KSA
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry shared that the Saudi crown prince, who is on a two-day visit to Pakistan, ordered the release of Pakistani prisoners on Prime Minister Imran Khan's request.
HRH Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman has graciously agreed to free 2107 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia with immediate effect. Cases of the remaining will be reviewed. People of Pakistan thank HRH for responding immediately to Prime Minister Imran Khan's request.
— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) February 18, 2019
"HRH Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman has graciously agreed to free 2,107 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia with immediate effect," Qureshi tweeted.
The information minister also tweeted, "As a sequel to the prime minister of Pakistan's request, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of KSA Mohammad Bin Salman has ordered the immediate release of 2,107 Pakistani prisoners Saudi Jails."
As a sequel to Prime Minister of Pakistan request, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of KSA Mohammad Bin Salman has ordered the immediate release of 2107 Pakistani prisoners Saudi Jails. #CrownPrinceinPakisatan #KSAPakistanNewEra
— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) February 18, 2019
PM Imran had raised the issue of Pakistani prisoners languishing in Saudi jails during his meeting with the crown prince on Sunday.
Prince Salman, who is in Pakistan on a two-day historic visit, arrived at Nur Khan Airbase in Islamabad on Sunday evening. He was warmly received by Prime Minister Imran Khan, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and other government officials.
Earlier on Monday, Prime Minister Khan also took the Twitter and said, “Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman won the hearts of the people of Pakistan when he said ‘consider me Pakistan’s ambassador to Saudi Arabia’ in response to me asking him to treat the 2.5 million Pakistani’s working in KSA as his own”.
- Former SC justice Maqbool Baqar top contender for NAB chairman post04:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani climber Kashif becomes world's youngest to scale all five ...04:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022