Shahid Afridi fit to play in ICC World XI vs West Indies
Afridi confirmed it via Twitter saying, "I feel strongly to support this as a cricketer & Muslim."
The Pakistani all-rounder expressed that he was focusing on his fitness and would deliver his best in cricket matches,
"My Allah recommends to help people in need with all the power I have," Afridi said further in his tweet.
I will be playing @ICC World XI vs @westindies as I feel strongly to support this as a cricketer & Muslim. I am following the rehab plan my Doctor gave 💯%. My Allah recommends to help people in need with all the power I have. C u @HomeOfCricket on 31st and let’s keep #HopeNotOut— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) May 18, 2018
Earlier, it surfaced on media that Pakistan’s former captain Shahid Afridi is likely to miss the charity match between ICC World XI and the West Indies due to the knee injury.
Shahid Afridi to miss World XI match against West ... 04:09 PM | 18 May, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan's former captain Shahid Afridi is likely to miss the charity match between ICC World XI and the West ...
The fixture will be played on May 31 at Lord’s. The match is being organized to raise funds for stadia in the Caribbean that were badly damaged following Hurricanes Irma and Maria last year, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said in a statement.
World XI squad: Eoin Morgan (captain), Dinesh Karthik, Mitchell McClenaghan, Hardik Pandya, Thisara Perera, Rashid Khan, Luke Ronchi, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Tamim Iqbal, Sandeep Lamichhane.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021