Pakistan lodges strong protest with India over ceasefire violations
“The Indian Deputy High Commissioner was called in by the Director General (SA & SAARC) today,” a Foreign Office statement issued here stated.
“A strong protest was lodged against the unprovoked ceasefire violations on 19-20 October 2016, by the Indian occupation forces at the Line of control in Karela Sector, which resulted in the martyrdom of one civilian, Mr Abdul Rehman S/o Gul Zaman, age 28 years,” the statement added.
According to the statement, twelve civilians including children and women were injured as a result of the Indian fire.
“It was communicated that the Indian side must investigate the incident and share the findings with Pakistan. India must instruct its troops to respect the Ceasefire, in letter and spirit, refrain from intentionally targeting the villages and maintain peace and stability on the LoC,” it said.
“Pakistan notes with deep concern that during the last couple of months, there have been a number of ceasefire violations from the Indian side on the LoC and the Working Boundary,” the statement added.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021