Former Indian cricketers Sourav Ganguly, Sanjay Manjrekar congratulate Imran Khan
"Congratulations to him. He has been fighting for a long time and now he is set to become the prime minister of Pakistan," the Cricket Association of Bengal president said at its annual awards ceremony here. Imran's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf won 115 out of the 272 seats in National Assembly.
Former Indian cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar also congratulated the 1992 World Cup-winning captain on his party to power in Pakistan's general elections.
PTI won 118 out of the 269 seats that were contested in the National Assembly whereas the figure required to form the government is at least 137. Results are yet to be announced on some seats and he is hopeful that components from the opposition will also support his bid to give the people of Pakistan a new government.
Imran is the epitome of setting the bar high and reaching it. Congratulations & good luck to my cricketing hero, Imran Khan!— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) July 27, 2018
Manjrekar in his congratulatory tweet wrote: “Imran is the epitome of setting the bar high and reaching it. Congratulations & good luck to my cricketing hero, Imran Khan!”
- Punjab announces summer vacations for schools08:04 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Armed robbers rape teenage girl in front of father in Pattoki07:44 PM | 26 May, 2022
- No-trust motion against Balochistan CM Bizenjo ends in a flop show06:54 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi shares bold video to mark 40 million followers on ...06:40 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022