PM Imran to advocate Kashmir cause in UNGA speech, says Qureshi
In an interaction with newsmen on Wednesday, he said the Prime Minister will also hold bilateral meetings and attend other events in New York on the sidelines of UN General Assembly session next month.
He, however, said Indian Premier Modi should inform the international community whether revocation of Kashmir's special status was bilateral or unilateral in nature.
The Foreign Minister said the unilateral steps in occupied Kashmir are in total breach of UN Security Council resolutions and the international laws.
He pointed out that fourteen petitions have been filed in the Indian Supreme Court against these illegal steps adding that it is the test of the Indian apex court whether it gives the judgment independently or succumbs to Modi's pressure.
PM Imran Khan to attend 74th UNGA session in New ... 08:02 PM | 18 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan will represent Pakistan at the upcoming 74th session of United Nations General ...
Shah Mahmood Qureshi voiced concerns over the situation in occupied Kashmir saying the people are facing a shortage of essential commodities including food items and live-saving drugs.
Kashmiri people are not being allowed to offer their Friday prayers, Qureshi shared.
The Foreign Minister said police in occupied Kashmir which also comprises of many Muslims are perturbed over the situation.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the global community is not oblivious to the situation in the occupied valley adding that the public opinion on Kashmir dispute is now changing at the international level.
He said Pakistani and Kashmiri community abroad is staging protest demonstrations against the Indian atrocities and persecution, revealing that our community in London will stage a big protest in the coming days.
The Foreign Minister said Pakistan is grateful to Iran for coming up with a strong stance in support of the oppressed Kashmiri people.
- Pakistani climber Kashif becomes world's youngest to scale all five ...04:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022