Pakistani manufacturers showcase auto parts in US
Speaking at the Pakistan's Automotive Components Manufacturer Exhibition at Novi, Michigan, he said that participation of 14 Pakistani auto parts manufacturers in the expo was evidence of a revitalization of the country's industrial sector, which benefits from an enormous under-30 workforce of skilled and unskilled labor.
He told the audience that Pakistan's auto industry employs 200,000 Pakistanis directly and 1.2 million Pakistanis indirectly, thus making a significant contribution to the country's economy.
Tirmizi also appreciated the role played by the DICE Foundation Inc. for its role in bringing 14 exhibitors from Pakistan to showcase their products in the North American market.
The response from local automobile giants like Ford, General Motors and Chrysler was very encouraging, he said, adding that these companies had expressed interest in getting manufactured products from Pakistan.
- Karachi man posing as 'excise officer' gets caught during raid02:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Multan psychiatrist kills daughter, commits suicide 'over remarriage ...01:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in hot water over ‘sexist’ remarks about ...12:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani Ph.D. scholar bags top prize in Chinese essay competition12:14 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Naked, tortured man found in car's trunk outside shopping mall in ...11:38 AM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- US television host Larry King dies, aged 8708:59 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021