Pakistan considering airspace closure for India among other options
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said on Thursday that Pakistan could close its airspace for India at a time of its choosing, but confirmed that no decision has been taken regarding this.
Addressing a weekly press briefing, Dr Faisal said that the issue had been discussed at the highest level and is one of the many options that are being considered.
Regarding the situation in occupied Kashmir, Dr Faisal said that the valley remained under siege and was cut off from the rest of the world for 25th consecutive day.
The official elaborated that these inhuman and unilateral actions by India are continuing without any respite despite international condemnation and censure.
To a query regarding Pakistan's decision to take the Kashmir dispute with India to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the spokesperson said that consultations were underway with all stakeholders, adding that it was a very delicate issue.
Dr Faisal said that a technical meeting on the Kartarpur corridor is set to take place at Zero Point tomorrow.
"Pakistan remains committed to completing and inaugurating the Kartarpur Sahib corridor as announced by our prime minister," he added.
The FO spokesperson's comments come days after Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry announced that the federal cabinet was considering restoration of a complete ban on the use of Pakistani airspace for Indian flights.
Earlier, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had shared that the decision regarding airspace closure would be taken after consultations.
"A decision to this effect will be taken after due consideration and looking into each and every aspect of the move through consultation," he had said.
India had scrapped article 370 of the constitution thus revoking the special status granted to Kashmir on August 5.
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020