India cancels exam after question paper leaked on Whatsapp
The question paper was being circulated on the WhatsApp messaging service, and the order cancelling the examination was issued after police verified that it was indeed the genuine question paper.
The order cancelling the examination UPPSC was issued by Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan. A new date for the examination is expected to be announced soon.
"The paper was leaked at about 9:15am on WhatsApp before the examination started. It has matched with the original paper of PSC preliminary. We have informed the chief minister and chief secretary in this regard," Director General of Police (DGP) AK Jain said.
"We have deployed a number of teams to investigate and those behind this will be arrested soon. We have some leads at the moment," he added.
The question paper was reportedly being sold for Rs0.5 million for a copy. A Special Task Force is investigating into who is behind the leak.
The exam is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Provincial Civil Services for entry into the state government's civil services. It is taken by over four hundred thousand aspirants.
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- NUST ranked among top Asia's 100 universities12:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Balochistan schools to remain closed till March 1, 202112:03 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020