Senior army official gunned down near Peshawar
Identified as Col Tahir Azeem, the vicitm was targeted by a bike-borne duo near Abaseen Market, when he was on his way home after offerning prayers at a nearby mosque.
Police officials said Azeem was posted to Rawalpindi and he had gone to Hayatabad to visit his family.
The army official sustained multiple gunshot wounds and died on the spot.
Reports said Azeem’s brothers, Waqas and Shakil, were also killed in separate attacks in 2004 and 2005, but they had no association with the armed forces.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020