PM Imran Khan approves Rs70 million package for slain SP Tahir Dawar's family
In addition to the Rs70m package, SP Dawar's son will also be offered a job as an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police.
Dawar, head of Peshawar police’s rural circle, went missing in Islamabad under mysterious circumstances on October 26. His body was recovered in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province on November 15 and later handed over to Pakistani authorities.
At a press conference, the country’s interior minister paid rich tribute to the martyred cop, calling him “a brave son of Pakistan”.
He recalled that the deceased police officer had previously survived two attacks and was a bread earner for three families.
Afridi told the media that a joint investigation team (JIT), formed to probe Dawar’s abduction, was continuing its work in the investigation.
Announcing that a five-member parliamentary committee would be formed over the issue and the body will remain in touch with the JIT.
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022