PM Imran Khan approves Rs70 million package for slain SP Tahir Dawar's family
In addition to the Rs70m package, SP Dawar's son will also be offered a job as an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police.
Dawar, head of Peshawar police’s rural circle, went missing in Islamabad under mysterious circumstances on October 26. His body was recovered in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province on November 15 and later handed over to Pakistani authorities.
At a press conference, the country’s interior minister paid rich tribute to the martyred cop, calling him “a brave son of Pakistan”.
He recalled that the deceased police officer had previously survived two attacks and was a bread earner for three families.
Afridi told the media that a joint investigation team (JIT), formed to probe Dawar’s abduction, was continuing its work in the investigation.
Announcing that a five-member parliamentary committee would be formed over the issue and the body will remain in touch with the JIT.
- Saba Faisal's daughter-in-law posts a cryptic message as family ...03:18 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Netizens troll clothing brand for doing photoshoot featuring a model ...02:46 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG – Debutant Abrar Ahmed takes 7 wickets as England bowled ...02:10 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Supreme Court declares Reko Diq mine revival agreement legal01:27 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Fajr Sheikh’s workout video goes viral09:05 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ali Zafar suggests practices to subside anxiety11:47 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- 'Parizaad' famed Ilma Jaffri dazzles fans with gorgeous bridal shoot11:35 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022