Celebration In The Air: LUMS host 7UP Spring Festival!
As a full day of food, activities and merriment, the festival began at 11 o’clock in the morning, welcoming families when the sun was shining bright, and went on until 10 o’clock in the night, when the breeze had become pleasantly cooler.
With a crowd of over 2,000 people, the 7Up Spring Festival was a successful effort on the part of the LUMS Alumni Relations team, who organised the event, to bring together the entire LUMS community, including students, alumni, staff, faculty and their families, and provide them with a day of uninhibited festivities and fun.
While children got the chance to play a variety of games and take carnival rides, from a jumping castle and a merry-go-round to a trampoline and a train, students and adults indulged in an assortment of recreational activities, including sittings with an astrologer and shopping and browsing sprees at books, clothing and accessories stalls.
An event in Lahore simply isn’t complete without food, and the 7Up Spring Festival was no exception. With 7Up as the event’s title sponsor, Engro Foods as a display sponsor, and more than 25 food stalls of a variety of cuisines, delicious foods and beverages were the highlight of the day. Attendees gorged on all kinds of delicacies from sushi and burgers, to kulfi and gola gandas, spending the day happily.
Masooma Zeeshan, Senior Manager of LUMS Alumni Relations, was all smiles about the event. “I’m so thrilled that the Alumni Relations Team was able to bring the entire LUMS community and their families together for the first time,” she said. “Alumni asked for an event for families and we listened! We simply love LUMS and we want to send people home with fond memories.”
LUMS Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dr. S. Sohail H. Naqvi also graced the event with his presence. “We at LUMS wanted our families and friends to get together and enjoy the beautiful springtime in the clean and safe campus that we have,” he said. “It is indeed great to have seen everyone enjoying themselves and having a lovely time.”
As the first event of its kind at LUMS, the 7Up Spring Festival was a joyous occasion for the LUMS community, providing the people in attendance with yet more happy LUMS memories.
- Sikh pilgrims reach Pakistan for Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary12:02 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Cancel rallies for public's sake, PM urges PDM as second COVID-19 ...11:36 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Maryam hugs uncle as grandmother's body flown to Pakistan11:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar drops first picture with fiancé Mahmood post-engagement09:59 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Exclusive Pics: Bakhtawar is ENGAGED09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020