Shehbaz Sharif confirms heading back to Pakistan ahead of budget session
Talking to a private TV channel in London, leader of the opposition in National Assembly laughed off rumours that he has escaped from Pakistan and will not be returning back.
The politician confirmed that he will be returning to Pakistan before the budget session for the fiscal year 2019-20 in the parliament on May 24.
The PML-N leader continued that he had to undergo few medical check-ups in the next few days and would be heading back to Pakistan after that, Geo News reported.
"It could be much sooner than the budget session, subject to clearance from the doctors," he added.
Rumours about Shehbaz Sharif seeking asylum in British capital swirled on social media after the lawmaker headed to London to see off her granddaughter a few weeks ago.
Several PMLN leaders including ex-premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and former foreign minister Khawaja Asif had already confirmed that the opposition leader will be returning to Pakistan.
Shehbaz Sharif is facing multiple inquiries by the national Accountability bureau at home and had been granted bail by the Lahore High Court; his brother Nawaz Sharif would be relocated to Kot Lakhpat Jail tomorrow on expiry on six-weeks bail approved by the Supreme Court.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021