Shehbaz Sharif confirms heading back to Pakistan ahead of budget session
Talking to a private TV channel in London, leader of the opposition in National Assembly laughed off rumours that he has escaped from Pakistan and will not be returning back.
The politician confirmed that he will be returning to Pakistan before the budget session for the fiscal year 2019-20 in the parliament on May 24.
The PML-N leader continued that he had to undergo few medical check-ups in the next few days and would be heading back to Pakistan after that, Geo News reported.
"It could be much sooner than the budget session, subject to clearance from the doctors," he added.
Rumours about Shehbaz Sharif seeking asylum in British capital swirled on social media after the lawmaker headed to London to see off her granddaughter a few weeks ago.
Several PMLN leaders including ex-premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and former foreign minister Khawaja Asif had already confirmed that the opposition leader will be returning to Pakistan.
Shehbaz Sharif is facing multiple inquiries by the national Accountability bureau at home and had been granted bail by the Lahore High Court; his brother Nawaz Sharif would be relocated to Kot Lakhpat Jail tomorrow on expiry on six-weeks bail approved by the Supreme Court.
- T20 World Cup: Oman win the toss and elect to field first against ...02:37 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- WATCH: PML-N’s Azma Bokhari slaps man who misbehaved with her at ...12:56 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- 'Professor' Mohammad Hafeez turns 4112:06 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Vicky Kaushal spills the beans on engagement plans with Katrina Kaif11:26 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Malala all praise for Adele on new single's release05:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021