Post-Hajj flight operation: 384 pilgrims land in Karachi
The Hajj pilgrims were warmly received by Chief executive officer of the national flag carrier Dr. Musharraf Rasool, authorities of civil aviation and Ministry of Religious Affairs at the airport, who also inquired about any hindrances faced during the journey.
Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair was also among the pilgrims and appreciated the PIA Hajj operation saying he has asked officials to take more measures to facilitate pilgrims returning home.
The PIA CEO told newsmen that about 105 PIA flights will bring back home 97000 pilgrims and added the Hajj operation will continue till October 5.
Meanwhile, a private airline’s flight carrying more than 300 pilgrims arrived at Allama Iqbal Airport Lahore.
Around one hundred and seventy-nine thousand Pakistanis were among the two million Muslims who performed Hajj this year.
According to Dunya News, at least 78 Pakistani pilgrims died of natural causes in Saudi Arabia. Ministry of Religious Affairs has said that 51 of them died in Makkah, nine in Medinah whereas 18 pilgrims breathed their last in Mina, Muzdalifah and Arafat.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021