Post-Hajj flight operation: 384 pilgrims land in Karachi
KARACHI - The first flight of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) carrying 384 pilgrims arrived in Karachi from Jeddah on Wednesday as part of the post-Hajj operation.
The Hajj pilgrims were warmly received by Chief executive officer of the national flag carrier Dr. Musharraf Rasool, authorities of civil aviation and Ministry of Religious Affairs at the airport, who also inquired about any hindrances faced during the journey.
Governor Sindh Muhammad Zubair was also among the pilgrims and appreciated the PIA Hajj operation saying he has asked officials to take more measures to facilitate pilgrims returning home.
The PIA CEO told newsmen that about 105 PIA flights will bring back home 97000 pilgrims and added the Hajj operation will continue till October 5.
Meanwhile, a private airline’s flight carrying more than 300 pilgrims arrived at Allama Iqbal Airport Lahore.
Around one hundred and seventy-nine thousand Pakistanis were among the two million Muslims who performed Hajj this year.
According to Dunya News, at least 78 Pakistani pilgrims died of natural causes in Saudi Arabia. Ministry of Religious Affairs has said that 51 of them died in Makkah, nine in Medinah whereas 18 pilgrims breathed their last in Mina, Muzdalifah and Arafat.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020