Mansha Pasha give her two cents on Khalil-ur-Rehman's misogynistic remarks
LAHORE - TV actor Mansha Pasha is a bold person who never hesitates in sharing her views with her followers on social media.
Earlier this week, she shared her views on Twitter saying that a person was not answerable or responsible for the beliefs and opinions of their colleagues or bosses.
“It’s the same as asking an actor to stop working with or condemn the opinions of someone in the industry and calling them a hypocrite if they don’t,” she wrote.
There was an outrage on social media over renowned playwright and director Khalil-ur-Rehman Qamar’s regressive views about women and feminism that he shared in a recent interview.
Mansha’s tweets may be pointing towards a fellow star's opinions.
Are u responsible or answerable for the beliefs and opinions of your colleagues, of your bosses, of the ppl u work with?— manshapasha (@manshapasha) November 6, 2019
Its the same as asking an actor to stop working with or "condemn" the opinions of someone in the industry and calling them a hypocrite if they dont.
To which Pasha responded that society consists of people who hold all kinds of beliefs and that the film industry is made up of the same people. Mansha, however, said she doesn’t take roles that contribute to the problem.
“So it is and always will be a tough balance to strike between doing content that the people can still relate to since empowerment can be often seen as western and can alienate the viewers,” she added.
That being said, any drama is only successful if the audience feels they can relate to it. So it is and always will be a tough balance to strike between doing content that the ppl can still relate to since empowernment can be often seen as western and can alienate the viewers. https://t.co/aZLSXqBt2x— manshapasha (@manshapasha) November 6, 2019
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019