India's move on Kashmir can upset regional peace: Qureshi informs EU officials
The foreign minister, in a telephonic conversation with EU High Representative, apprised her about the two letters Pakistan had sent to the UN secretary general highlighting the gravity of the situation.
He urged the high representative to appropriately brief the EU member states on the situation.
He stressed any escalation on Pakistan's eastern border could jeopardize the efforts of the international community to bring peace and stability in Afghanistan.
He highlighted that India had deployed 180,000 additional troops, suspended mobile and Internet services, and imposed curfew, locking down the entire population of IoK.
Qureshi also informed High Representative Mogherini about the decisions taken by the joint session of the Parliament, including downgrading of diplomatic relations, suspension of bilateral trade, review of bilateral agreements and taking the matter to the UN Security Council.
Federica Mogherini said the EU was closely following the situation with deep concern and agreed that any escalation in the region could negatively impact the Afghan peace process, and affect the regional security and stability.
The EU high representative underscored that all disputes should be resolved through dialogue and peaceful means.
The two leaders agreed to stay in touch and continue to work together for peace and stability in the region.
They also expressed satisfaction at the current level of bilateral relations, especially signing of the Pakistan-EU Strategic Engagement Plan (SEP) in June 2019 and agreed that the interaction was in the spirit of close partnership between Pakistan and the EU.
- Join nightlife photography contest by realme to win realme 7 pro!09:20 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan’s economy in right direction after attaining ...09:04 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Father-of-three martyred after Indian army targets civilian ...08:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Bank Alfalah introduces PM’s Roshan Digital Account to Dubai expats08:13 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- How much Master Tiles & Jalal Sons spent on lavish wedding, reveals ...07:52 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020