TTP's offshoot Hizb-ul-Ahrar claims responsibility for Lahore's Data Darbar blast
The group has been involved in recent bombings in Pakistan and had also claimed responsibility for the attack on police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Dera Ismail Khan in February this year.
"This attack was carried out at a time when there were no civilians near the police," said Abdul Aziz Yousafzai, spokesman for the Hizbul Ahrar militant group.
The group had launched fresh 'Operation Shamzai' in March specifically for Pakistan and a string of attacks targeting law enforcers is a visible indication of the group's involvement in Data Darbar blast as well.
As many as 8, including five law enforcers, were confirmed dead in the explosion that sent shock waves across the country at a time when the holy month of Ramazan is being observed with religious reverence and fervour.
Meanwhile, Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has strongly denounced the blast outside Data Darbar in Lahore and sought report from the authorities.
The prime minister commiserated with the bereaved families and directed the authorities concerned to provide the best possible medical treatment to those injured in the blast.
Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar has also cancelled his visits to Bhakkar, Sargodha and Sheikhupura; he has directed the authorities concerned to provide every possible medical treatment to those injured in the explosion.
- At least eight killed in shooting at Russian university in Perm ...12:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- NZ Cricket chief offers compensation for financial loss of PCB, hints ...12:40 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- FIA arrests Hyderabad man for sharing immoral videos of a girl on ...12:06 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Arnab Goswami ridiculed for claiming Pak Army officers’ presence on ...11:12 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan sends 13 truckloads of humanitarian aid to Afghanistan10:35 AM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021