TTP's offshoot Hizb-ul-Ahrar claims responsibility for Lahore's Data Darbar blast
LAHORE - The militant Hizb-ul-Ahrar, a break-away faction of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan has claimed responsibility for the blast outside the Data Darbar (sufi shrine) in Lahore.
The group has been involved in recent bombings in Pakistan and had also claimed responsibility for the attack on police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Dera Ismail Khan in February this year.
"This attack was carried out at a time when there were no civilians near the police," said Abdul Aziz Yousafzai, spokesman for the Hizbul Ahrar militant group.
The group had launched fresh 'Operation Shamzai' in March specifically for Pakistan and a string of attacks targeting law enforcers is a visible indication of the group's involvement in Data Darbar blast as well.
As many as 8, including five law enforcers, were confirmed dead in the explosion that sent shock waves across the country at a time when the holy month of Ramazan is being observed with religious reverence and fervour.
Meanwhile, Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has strongly denounced the blast outside Data Darbar in Lahore and sought report from the authorities.
The prime minister commiserated with the bereaved families and directed the authorities concerned to provide the best possible medical treatment to those injured in the blast.
Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar has also cancelled his visits to Bhakkar, Sargodha and Sheikhupura; he has directed the authorities concerned to provide every possible medical treatment to those injured in the explosion.
- N Korea test fires two short-range ballistic missiles11:38 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus infection cases reach 1,495 in Pakistan11:16 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019