Woman martyred in latest ceasefire violation by Indian forces along LoC
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Indian forces violated the ceasefire in Shahkot sector along the LoC, the ISPR said in a statement on Wednesday.
Indian Army continues nonprofessional conduct. Besides atrocities in IOK, violating ceasefire targeted civil population in Shahkot sector across LOC. A woman shaheed another injured. Such acts can’t suppress indigenous freedom struggle of brave Kashmiris in IOK.#KashmirBleeds pic.twitter.com/QIDBMevZvN— Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor (@OfficialDGISPR) January 9, 2019
Major General Asif Ghafoor, director general of the ISPR, criticised the Indian Army for its continuing "non-professional conduct". He said the Indian Army besides atrocities in Indian-occupied Kashmir (IoK), was targetting civilian population in these ceasefire violations.
"Such acts can't suppress indigenous freedom struggle of brave Kashmiris in IoK," Maj Gen Ghafoor said.
Unprovoked firing by Indian forces has become a routine along the LoC and Working Boundary. The incidents have claimed the lives of hundreds of Pakistani soldiers and civilians.
On Monday, the Foreign Office of Pakistan summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh to protest the latest unprovoked ceasefire violations by Indian border forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Bagsar sector which resulted in the death of a civilian.
FO Director General (South Asia and Saarc) Dr Muhammad Faisal, who also serves as the foreign ministry spokesperson said, the firing at the LoC left civilian Azeem dead and caused injuries to a woman.
"The Indian forces along the Line of Control and the Working boundary are continuously targeting civilian populated areas with heavy weapons," he said, adding that this "unprecedented escalation" in ceasefire violations by India has been ongoing since 2017, a year during which they committed 1,970 such violations.
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- FBR freezes Aima Baig’s all bank accounts over unpaid income tax10:40 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021