Pakistan rejects India's allegations of influencing elections as baseless
Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal in a tweet termed the accusation "utterly baseless and irresponsible".
He tweeted saying "India should stop dragging Pakistan into its electoral debate and win victories on own strength rather than fabricated conspiracies, which are utterly baseless and irresponsible".
India should stop dragging Pakistan into its electoral debate and win victories on own strength rather than fabricated conspiracies, which are utterly baseless and irresponsible.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) December 11, 2017
On Sunday, Modi played his Pakistan card during the election campaign while addressing a rally in Gujrat.
Modi says Pakistan interfering in Gujarat ... 11:47 PM | 10 Dec, 2017
NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Narendra Modi played the Pakistan card during his Gujarat campaign on Sunday, alleging that ...
Addressing a rally in northern Gujarat’s Palanpur, Modi referred to a Facebook post by the former director general of the Pakistan Army, Sardar Arshad Rafiq, saying that senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel should be the next Gujarat chief minister. The post was covered by a section of the Indian media.
“There were media reports yesterday about a meeting at Mani Shankar Aiyar’s house. It was attended by Pakistan’s high commissioner, Pakistan’s former foreign minister, India’s former vice president, and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,” Modi said. Adding that they met for almost three hours, he said: “The next day, Mani Shankar Aiyar said Modi was ‘neech’. This is a serious matter.”
This isn’t the first time the BJP is referring to Pakistan in an election campaign. Last year, ahead of the Assam election, which it won, the BJP said if the Congress won, fireworks would go off in celebration in Pakistan.
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan team practice in Harare ahead of first T2010:18 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021