FBI recommends charges against ex-CIA chief Petraeus
The investigation stems from an affair Petraeus -- who was also commander of American forces in both Iraq and Afghanistan -- had with an Army Reserve officer who was writing his biography, the newspaper said, citing unnamed officials.
The probe focuses on whether Petraeus, who resigned in 2012 when the affair became public, gave Paula Broadwell access to his CIA email account and other highly classified information.
FBI agents discovered classified documents on her computer after he quit, according to the Times, which said that Attorney General Eric Holder must decide whether to seek an indictment that could send Petraeus to prison.
Holder was expected to decide by the end of last year whether to bring charges against Petraeus, the newspaper said.
Petraeus has said he never provided classified information to Broadwell, who was 20 years his junior and wrote a biography of the general before becoming his lover.
- Female Lawyer aerial firing clip goes viral on social media (VIDEO)09:28 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202008:30 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- 'Young Imran Khan' in old photo09:04 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020