Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, summoned to appear before JIT on 15th June
Sources from the PM office say that the Prime Minister will appear before the JIT, respecting the law of the country - unlike Parvez Musharraf who could not face the law.
JIT summons have been received. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will appear before the JIT on Thursday: PM Office— PML(N) (@pmln_org) June 11, 2017
Sources within the government said that the summons was issued to the PM on Saturday after he returned from his international trip to Kazakhstan, where he had been attending the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit.
Sharif, who is currently in Lahore, met with his close confidantes on Sunday morning to discuss the issue. After consulting with his aides, the prime minister has decided to honour the summons and appear before the JIT on Thursday.
The JIT was formed on May 6 in light of the Supreme Court’s April 20 judgment in the Panama case, and has 60 days to complete its investigation into the prime minister’s family’s financial dealings abroad.
Moreover, the special implementation bench of the Supreme Court will hear issues related to the working of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) in the Panama case on Monday.
The bench — headed by Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan and comprising Justices Sheikh Azmat Saeed and Ijazul Ahsan — will hear the reply of the JIT on a petition submitted by the premier’s elder son, Hussain Nawaz, as well as the JIT’s application on its own ‘hurdles’ in the high-profile probe.
Hussain recently petitioned the Supreme Court against the JIT after a picture of him during the interrogation was leaked in the media. He pleaded the court to bar the JIT from recording its proceedings.
At an earlier hearing, the bench had directed the head of the JIT, Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Additional Director Wajid Zia, to submit in writing the hurdles being faced by the JIT after Zia mentioned them at the hearing.
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Zameen.com organises first edition of Pakistan Property Event in Qatar08:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022