Nawaz Sharif's ticket for London cancelled as no fly ban still effective
LAHORE - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, whose health condition is unstable, would not be able to travel abroad today for his treatment as the government has not stricken his name off the no-fly list, local media reported.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz's supreme leader is suffering from platelets disorder and other diseases for several days. He remained under treatment at a public hospital in Lahore for sixteen days and later he was shifted to his residence earlier this month after high courts in Lahore and Islamabad granted him bail on medical grounds in Al-Azizia and Chaudhry Sugar Mills case respectively.
The former premier was scheduled to fly to London along with his younger brother Shehbaz Sharif and his personal physician Dr Adnan for his medical treatment at Harley Street Clinic on Qatar Airways flight QR629 today.
Nawaz's London travel confirmed 11:14 AM | 10 Nov, 2019
LAHORE - Former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo Nawaz Sharif is likely to leave for ...
However, the Ministry of Interior has not yet removed his name from the Exit Control List (ECL) as it has not received a green signal from the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) which is investigating the graft cases against Nawaz Sharif.
Last week, President PML-N had moved the ministry seeking permission to take his brother to abroad for his treatment amid latter's deteriorating health condition.
The ministry then sent a letter to the anti-graft watchdog seeking its response over the application. The NAB instead of allowing him to travel sought his latest medical report for assessment.
It is said that the interior ministry can remove Nawaz's name from the ECL without taking the NAB into confidence as it has done such practice in the past.
A game of putting the responsibility on each other for the removal of ex-premier's name is on between the department despite the claims made by the PTI government that it has allowed Nawaz to travel abroad for medical treatment.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020