Jamaatud Dawa's political offshoot MML denied registration ahead of election 2018
The MML has been struggling for the registration since 2017 when the election body had asked the party's lawyer to obtain a security clearance certificate from the Ministry of Interior, which had opposed its registration.
The decision comes at a time when 2018 general elections are set to be held on July 25 as President Mamnoon Hussain had approved a summary sent by the ECP.
Interior ministry opposes registration of Milli ... 10:16 AM | 23 Dec, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The Ministry of Interior has termed the Milli Muslim League (MML) an offshoot of proscribed entities, ...
Earlier this year, the United States added the Milli Muslim League (MML) and Tehreek-e-Azadi-e-Kashmir (TAJK) to its list of terrorist organisations, citing that both were the fronts of the banned outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).
"The aliases [MML and TAJK] have been added to LeT’s designations as an FTO under Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, and as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) under Executive Order 13224," said the US State Department.
US adds MML to list of terror organisations 07:16 PM | 22 Dec, 2017
LAHORE - The United States has added the Milli Muslim League (MML), which is backed by the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), to ...
Saifullah Khalid, a religious scholar and longtime official of the group, is president of the newly-formed Milli Muslim League party. He had told reporters in Islamabad that his party will work to make Pakistan “a real Islamic and welfare state” and that it is ready to cooperate with like-minded parties.
Hafiz Saeed’s JuD seeking political space, ... 01:08 AM | 8 Aug, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) has entered politics by forming a new party, its members said on Monday. The new ...
The MML contested the by-polls for NA-120 in September last year and unexpectedly gained fourth position with twice as many votes as the tally of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Jamaat-i-Islami combined.
Last year, the ECP had also rejected the party's plea for registration on the ground that its supremo, Hafiz Saeed, is a globally listed terrorist whereas organisations, JuD and Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation (FIF), were also designated as banned groups through a presidential ordinance.
ECP rejects Milli Muslim League's request for ... 02:10 PM | 11 Oct, 2017
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Wednesday rejected an application of Milli Muslim League for ...
The MML challanged the verdict in the Islamabad High Court, which suspended the orders and sent the case again to the ECP, directing it to hear the plea property and then issue a ruling in the case.
- Supreme Court wants Nasla Tower demolished in a week03:45 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021