Second marriage without first wife’s consent lands man in jail
The man was handed the 11-month jail time and a fine of Rs5 million upon the complaint of first wife Shamim Bibi.
The woman had in her petition stated that her husband cheated on her and performed second marriage. She said that the husband did not take a permission letter from her.
Earlier, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) had made it mandatory to obtain permission from reconciliation council for second marriage.
According to the court order, if a person enters into second marriage by obtaining permission from his first wife but reconciliation council refuses permission to him then he will be liable to be punished on second marriage.
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Karachi Kings win toss and elect to bat first against ...04:23 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Atif Aslam admires Arijit Singh for his song ‘Hawayein’02:25 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021