Second marriage without first wife’s consent lands man in jail
The man was handed the 11-month jail time and a fine of Rs5 million upon the complaint of first wife Shamim Bibi.
The woman had in her petition stated that her husband cheated on her and performed second marriage . She said that the husband did not take a permission letter from her.
Earlier, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) had made it mandatory to obtain permission from reconciliation council for second marriage .
According to the court order, if a person enters into second marriage by obtaining permission from his first wife but reconciliation council refuses permission to him then he will be liable to be punished on second marriage .
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Zayn Malik wins hearts by donating huge sum to little girl needing ...11:59 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Bangladesh cricket team lands in Lahore to play T-20 series against ...11:05 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- I absolutely do not endorse the concepts and viewpoints of Mr Khalil ...03:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Taylor Swift reveals mother's brain tumor diagnosis03:12 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019