Second marriage without first wife’s consent lands man in jail
The man was handed the 11-month jail time and a fine of Rs5 million upon the complaint of first wife Shamim Bibi.
The woman had in her petition stated that her husband cheated on her and performed second marriage. She said that the husband did not take a permission letter from her.
Earlier, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) had made it mandatory to obtain permission from reconciliation council for second marriage.
According to the court order, if a person enters into second marriage by obtaining permission from his first wife but reconciliation council refuses permission to him then he will be liable to be punished on second marriage.
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Rasta App & Online Time Scheduling System for Driving License ...07:34 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020