Fake accounts case: NAB summons Asif Zardari, Bilawal Bhutto next week
The anti-graft watchdog issued notices to Asif Zardari and Bilawal on Friday, stating that their statement needs to be recorded for the ongoing probe into the case.
The PPP chairman and co-chairman have been instructed to bring along the details of their companies and accounts before the Rawalpindi bureau of the anti-graft body.
Pakistan Peoples Party leader, Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar expressed that PPP chief did not receive any notice from NAB in this regard.
'PPP would inform media in case any notice is received,' Khokhar elaborated.
NAB summons coincide with the transfer of money laundering case against Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur to Rawalpindi from Karachi.
JIT seeks microfilmed record of Zardari, Talpur's ... 07:37 PM | 8 Mar, 2019
KARACHI - A joint investigation team (JIT) tasked to probe the fake bank accounts-money laundering case has sought the ...
Announcing the reserved verdict, a banking court on Friday directed to shift the case to Rawalpindi for further hearings, to the utter surprise and disbelief of PPP biggies.
Moreover, the banking court canceled the interim bails granted to Zardari, Talpur, and others as the case had been transferred to a different court.
Well-placed sources claim that Chief Minister of Sindh Murad Ali Shah will also be summoned soon for the interrogation in the same case.
The fake bank accounts cum money-laundering probe started last year when then chief justice Saqib Nisar ordered the formation of a Joint Investigation Team for a thorough investigation. The case was brought to light in 2015, however, high-profile arrests were made on the directives of the former top judge.
The National Accountability Court is also investigating the case and recently it arrested former Karachi Port Trust (KPT), Secretary Aftab Memon.
The apex court had formed a JIT in September to probe the money laundering case involving Rs35 billion funneled through fake bank accounts at three local banks; according to Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), the amount exceeds Rs 100 billion.
Sources privy to the developments reveal that the JIT interrogated 97 people, including Asif Ali Zardari, Faryal Talpur, Anwar Majeed, his son and former Summit Bank president, Hussain Lawai.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021