PCB donates over Rs10 million to PM’s coronavirus relief fund
LAHORE – The Pakistan Cricket Board has deposited PKR 10,536,500 in Prime Minister’s Covid-19 Pandemic Relief Fund as part of its contribution to the fight against the pandemic.
PCB had announced on March 25 that the centrally contracted players will make a collective contribution in the emergency relief fund, while it will separately match the contribution of its staff.
PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani said on Saturday: “I want to thank all the centrally contracted players and the PCB staff for their generous contributions in the Prime Minister’s Covid-19 Pandemic Relief Fund. Cricket has once again demonstrated that it values, respects and cares for its fans, followers and supporters, and will continue to do so.
“In these difficult times, we pray for the health and safety of our paramedics and other frontline fighters, and hope the government will succeed in its endeavours in overcoming this pandemic.”
Dr Fehmida Mirza, Federal Minister for Inter Provincial Coordination, said: “The PCB has been one of the leading organisations, which has helped and supported the government by spreading public service messages to create awareness about this pandemic.
“They have now gone an extra yard by making this generous donation, which will be used to support our frontline fighters as well as the underprivileged. On behalf of the government, I thank the PCB and hope they will continue to use their brand and reach so that we can collectively achieve our objectives.”
- Pakistani pharma giant charters private jet to import COVID-19 drug ...10:25 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan Army spox warns India of befitting response to any military ...09:46 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PM Imran hails top spy agency’s sacrifices for Pakistan09:00 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020