PU opens 2km long jogging track
LAHORE - Vice Chancellor Punjab University Prof Niaz Ahmad Akhtar on Friday inaugurated a two-kilometre long jogging track at hostels ground of the university.
PU Registrar Dr Muhammad Khalid Khan, Resident Officer-I Chaudhry Iftikhar Ahmed, Resident Officer-II Malik Muhammad Zaheer, heads of various departments, senior faculty members and athletes were present on the occasion.
Addressing the ceremony, Prof Niaz Ahmed said that a healthy body guarantees a healthy mind. “Sports teach us the lesson of discipline and the art of winning and losing by demonstrating sportsmanship.
“I am confident that our athletes and sportsmen will take advantage of the jogging track to enhance the level of their game and to maintain good fitness standards,” he said.
Founded in October, 1882, Punjab University is the oldest public university in Pakistan.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020