PAF fighter jets carry out off-runway operations on motorways, highways (VIDEO)
Minister for Communications Murad Saeed and senior civil and military officers witnessed the demonstration.
The exercise was conducted to demonstrate the capability of Pakistan Air Force to sustain high tempo air operations.
PAF fighter aircraft carried out off-runway operations by operating from multiple locations along motorways & highways, today. The exercise was conducted to demonstrate the capability of PAF in being able to sustain high tempo air operations.#PakistanAirForceOurPride pic.twitter.com/OkXmyp1A5Y— PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) March 18, 2019
After landing, the aircraft were refueled and rearmed.
The demonstrations come amid heightened tensions between Pakistan and India, who came to the brink of war last week following the Feb 14 suicide car bombing that killed at least 40 Indian paramilitary police in Indian-occupied Kashmir. New Delhi accused Pakistan of harbouring the Jaish-e Mohammad group behind the attack, which Islamabad denied.
Situation on the Line of Control, which divides the vast Himalayan region of Kashmir region between two nuclear-armed rivals remains tense since Feb 26 Indian jets intruded into the Pakistani airspace and dropped their payload in a so-called “surgical strike” in Balakot area of northern Pakistan.
The next day, Pakistan responded and its Air Force (PAF) shot down two Indian jets in Bhimber district.
PAF shoots down two Indian fighter jets inside ... 10:39 AM | 27 Feb, 2019
MUZAFFARABAD – Two Pakistan Air Force jets targeted two Indian warplanes in a dogfight and shot them down along the ...
Pakistan also captured Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot Abhinandan Varthaman after his MiG-21 fighter jet was shot down during a dogfight near the Line of Control (LoC) on February 27. He was released by Islamabad the same week as a “peace gesture”.
Since then, over half of dozen civilians have been killed and around 40 others wounded in Indian shelling in different areas of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
While India has accused Pakistan of supporting the militants and having a “direct hand” in the incident, Pakistan, in turn, has rejected the allegations, accusing India of being responsible for human rights violations taking place in Kashmir.
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – President Alvi, PM Imran congratulate Muslims on ...10:38 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021