PCB confirms World XI tour of Pakistan in September
The announcement comes a day after the Punjab Government gave its nod for ‘Presidential level security’ for the tour.
International cricket returns to Pakistan: ICC ... 01:34 PM | 24 Jun, 2017
LONDON - The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced that plans for a World XI to play in Pakistan later this ...
The 14-man squad, featuring players from all top Test countries, will be in Dubai for a seven-day camp and will then head to Lahore for the three-T20 series starting September 10. Former Zimbabwe captain Andy Flower will be the coach of the side.
“I have all the names, but will announce them in a day or two,” Sethi added.
“The world XI tour will be followed by a visit by Sri Lankan team.”
The tour has got full backing from the ICC, according to PCB chairman Najam Sethi, and the world body has been working closely with the PCB for ensuring security for the event. All the expenses of the tour will be borne by the PCB.
A security report on the proposed tour will be delivered soon by the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA), which will go a long way in persuading players whether it is safe to tour.
After the attack on the Sri Lanka team bus in March 2009, only Zimbabwe and Afghanistan have toured Pakistan as the others have refused over security concerns. The major blow was not hosting 2011 World Cup which was scheduled to jointly held by India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020