Blasphemous content issue: Interior minister calls meeting of Muslim envoys on Friday
Talking to media, the minister said that an invitation has been sent to the ambassadors in this regard. He added that blasphemy was an issue being faced by the whole Muslim community and a joint strong message will put more weight on service providers.
Hinting at banning social media websites, the minister said: “The social media websites are not more important than my religion and faith."
He added that such elements will be dealt with iron hands in order to give them a lesson.
"If social media platforms do not cooperate with us despite all our efforts, we will take stern action against such platforms in the country," Nisar added.
He highlighted that questioning holocaust is banned in West, but anti-Islam speeches are termed as freedom of speech.
He added that freedom of expression did not mean to disrespect the religious personalities.
- COVID-19 – Pakistan may delay reopening of cinemas, indoor weddings ...11:34 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran shares pictures of late mother, wife Bushra on Women's Day11:13 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Aurat March 2021 aims to highlight bias in Pakistan’s healthcare ...08:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021