Facebook inks deal with Universal Music Group to allow use of licensed music
Initially, users will be able to upload licensed music content from Universal Music, create personalized experiences and interact with musicians, ultimately across Facebook's different social networks.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, although industry experts estimated that the deal would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars in rights to Universal.
The partnership comes days after it was reported that YouTube had inked a long-term agreement with Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment.
- Taliban vow stern action against fighters who removed Pakistan flag ...10:35 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- FBISE announces intermediate results 2021 tomorrow09:52 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021