CM Shehbaz opens Violence Against Women Center in Multan
MULTAN - Chief Minster Punjab Shehbaz Sharif on Saturday inaugurated Violence Against Women Center ((VAWC)) in Multan.
According to the Punjab government, the centre is part of a comprehensive programme launched by provincial government for women empowerment and protection.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said the government is committed to empower women. He appreciated the services being provided at the centre. Shahbaz said all the facilities will be provided to women under one roof.
The chief minister also visited the different sections of the center and lauded the quality of work.
The centre aims at improving the criminal justice system in the country. "Such centres will also be established in all districts. They will have police investigation, prosecution and legal aid and medical examination services", the CM added.
The centre is established under the Protection of Women Against Violence Act 2016, masterminded by Salman Sufi, who heads the Chief Minister’s Special Monitoring Unit (Law and Order).
The first VAWC has been opened in Multan as the southern region has the highest rate of crime against women.
The centres will also be responsible for collection of forensic and other evidence, besides offering mental health and counseling services, and post-trauma rehabilitation under one roof, to increase complainants’ access to justice.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020