Attack on army: 10 suspects arrested in Karachi, including political party official, worker
Investigators are planning to use the geo-fencing technique to identify the suspects since they could find no closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage of the incident.
The CCTV cameras near the Parking Plaza went off exactly an hour before the firing incident and were on when the gunmen fled from the crime scene, something investigators are still struggling to explain.
The gunmen who killed two Pakistan army officials were aware that the CCTV cameras in the area were not working, claimed the investigation officials.
Paramilitary forces have been cracking down on criminal and terrorist elements in the city since 2013, and have nabbed a number of suspects affiliated with a major political party in the city.
There have been similar attacks on military personnel since the operation was launched, including one in December 2015, in which two military police personnel were killed.
- Top Pakistani envoy congratulates Sweden on national day03:40 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran calls on the world to crack down on online extremism03:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Chinese woman breaks own Guinness world record for the longest ...02:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- WATCH - US diver survives being swallowed alive by a humpback whale02:37 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Enjoy the best PSL deals with OPPO Pakistan02:18 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Why Aishwarya Rai refused to work in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?01:52 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sajal Aly to feature in Atif Aslam's new music video02:50 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021