Attack on army: 10 suspects arrested in Karachi, including political party official, worker
Investigators are planning to use the geo-fencing technique to identify the suspects since they could find no closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage of the incident.
The CCTV cameras near the Parking Plaza went off exactly an hour before the firing incident and were on when the gunmen fled from the crime scene, something investigators are still struggling to explain.
The gunmen who killed two Pakistan army officials were aware that the CCTV cameras in the area were not working, claimed the investigation officials.
Paramilitary forces have been cracking down on criminal and terrorist elements in the city since 2013, and have nabbed a number of suspects affiliated with a major political party in the city.
There have been similar attacks on military personnel since the operation was launched, including one in December 2015, in which two military police personnel were killed.
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan win toss, opt to bat first against Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer declared ‘physically and mentally ...08:20 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021