Female doctor famous for trying to cure cancer dies of the same disease in the UK
Dr. Kate Granger from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer in 2011 when she was just 29. At that time she began writing about her experiences while battling the illness herself.
Along with her husband, she also decided to raise funds for cancer care and surprisingly just three days before her death the settled target of £250,000 for a cancer charity was achieved by the couple.
The death of Granger was confirmed by her husband on twitter as well.
— chris pointon (@PointonChris) July 24, 2016
The deceased Katte first rose to fame in 2013 when she announced that she planned to tweet from her deathbed to help people come to terms with their mortality.
Soon afterwards, frustrated at overhearing herself described in hospital as “bed number seven” or “the girl with the cancer”, she came up with “Hello My Name Is” campaign to change the way staff treat patients.
Condolence messages poured in a large number after the death of 34-year-old Kattie was confirmed.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:00 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer declared ‘physically and mentally ...08:20 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021