Female doctor famous for trying to cure cancer dies of the same disease in the UK
Dr. Kate Granger from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer in 2011 when she was just 29. At that time she began writing about her experiences while battling the illness herself.
Along with her husband, she also decided to raise funds for cancer care and surprisingly just three days before her death the settled target of £250,000 for a cancer charity was achieved by the couple.
The death of Granger was confirmed by her husband on twitter as well.
— chris pointon (@PointonChris) July 24, 2016
The deceased Katte first rose to fame in 2013 when she announced that she planned to tweet from her deathbed to help people come to terms with their mortality.
Soon afterwards, frustrated at overhearing herself described in hospital as “bed number seven” or “the girl with the cancer”, she came up with “Hello My Name Is” campaign to change the way staff treat patients.
Condolence messages poured in a large number after the death of 34-year-old Kattie was confirmed.
- Pakistani family killed in Canada’s Islamophobic attack laid to ...11:08 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from 26 countries amid Covid variant fears10:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021