Punjab Housing and Town Planning Agency Sub Region Jhelum accused of negligence
It acquired land, did plotting, constructed metaled streets and built water tank for water supply. Electric poles were installed for power supply. People with low income purchased the plots through auction. Over a period of time all plots were purchased by people. Thereafter PH and TPA Jhelum did not build boundary wall. No further development was made.
Electricity and water supply was not made functional. Due to neglect and lack of maintenance melted streets broke and dismantled. Now the colony site gives deserted look and is turned into grazing ground for cattle. The owners of plots say the government had deceived them in the name of low cost housing scheme. Their investment on purchasing plots has gone into gutter.
They said they had visited PH and TPA office at Jhelum many a time and requested the authorities to arrange water and electricity supply in the colony, raise its boundary wall and complete development work of the scheme but all in vain.
They have appealed to Punjab Government for taking notice of negligence of PH and TPA Jhelum and direct this agency to complete development work of the housing scheme so that construction of houses could be started by plot purchasers.
Nov 27, 2016.
- Pakistan’s Taekwondo star Maham Aftab dies of brain tumour at age ...11:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Terror threats — Balochistan govt asks PDM to cancel Quetta rally10:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PCB relocates scheduled PSL, Zimbabwe matches from smog-hit Lahore09:48 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Raoof Hassan replaces Asim Saleem Bajwa as PM’s special assistant ...08:32 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran vows to bring Nawaz Sharif back from UK at all costs08:19 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020