PM Imran to launch Ehsaas Qarz-i-Hasna Scheme next month
The Radio Pakistan reports that under the Ehsaas Qarz-i-Hasna Scheme, over 80,000 loans would be disbursed each month among youth and women enabling them to undertake their own business ventures.
Appreciating the efficacy of the existing program, the premier approved injection of an additional amount of 05 billion rupees to existing fund so that program is launched in collaboration of existing partners of Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund.
The decision was taken during a briefing by Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Social Safety Nets and Poverty Alleviation Dr Sania Nishtar on the status of implementation of the Ehsaas programme.
Ehsaas is an inter-sectoral program to be implemented by 26 federal agencies, four provinces and special areas.
The prime minister was also briefed about the governance reforms in safety nets institutions including Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) to ensure maximum transparency and efficiency.
Dr Sania Nishtar said that policies concerning various components of Ehsaas Program will be presented before the Cabinet after June for its approval.
The prime minister also approved the creation of the Ehsaas Steering Committee during the meeting. The Ehsaas Steering Committee would be headed by the prime minister himself.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021