Court grants NAB 14-day remand of Khaqan Abbasi
ISLAMABAD - An Accountability Court (AC) Thursday granted National Accountability Bureau (NAB) a further fourteen days physical remand of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in LNG import agreement case.
The NAB officials produced the accused before duty judge Shahrukh Arjamand after ending of Abbasi’s physical remand time.
At the outset of the hearing, NAB’s prosecutor apprised the court regarding the development in the investigation process from the accused person. He prayed the court to grant further remand of former prime minister as NAB wanted to investigate matter related to LNG terminal one.
On the query of the judge, the prosecutor informed the court that NAB had availed 41 days remand of the accused so far.
The court, however, accepted the NAB request and granted further 14-day remand of Abbasi in above corruption case.
It may be mentioned here the NAB had also arrested former finance minister Miftah Ismail in the same case.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019