Court grants NAB 14-day remand of Khaqan Abbasi
ISLAMABAD - An Accountability Court (AC) Thursday granted National Accountability Bureau (NAB) a further fourteen days physical remand of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in LNG import agreement case.
The NAB officials produced the accused before duty judge Shahrukh Arjamand after ending of Abbasi’s physical remand time.
At the outset of the hearing, NAB’s prosecutor apprised the court regarding the development in the investigation process from the accused person. He prayed the court to grant further remand of former prime minister as NAB wanted to investigate matter related to LNG terminal one.
On the query of the judge, the prosecutor informed the court that NAB had availed 41 days remand of the accused so far.
The court, however, accepted the NAB request and granted further 14-day remand of Abbasi in above corruption case.
It may be mentioned here the NAB had also arrested former finance minister Miftah Ismail in the same case.
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: China mourns COVID-19 victims06:29 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Afghan nationals wishing to return will be allowed to leave Pakistan05:29 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Hashim Khan: Google Doodle honours Pakistani squash legend05:03 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Has Junoon's Salman Ahmad infected by COVID-19?03:54 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019