Accountability court tells NAB to expedite filing reference against Khawaja Bros
During the hearing of a case related to Paragon Housing Society on Thursday, NAB’s investigating officer informed the court that the reference against the Khawaja brothers had been approved by the bureau’s chairman and copies would be presented before the judge soon.
Meanwhile, Khawaja Salman Rafique appeared before the court in Lahore while Khawaja Saad Rafique was absent. When asked about Saad's absence, the court was told that the lawmaker was in Islamabad to attend the National Assembly session.
The counsel for Khawaja brothers posed trust in the bench and said the housing society was established during the Musharraf era; the court extended the judicial remand of the Khawaja brothers till June 13.
Saad Rafique and his brother Salman Rafique were arrested by the NAB on December 11 last year in Paragon Housing Scam. According to NAB, Saad Rafique colluded with his wife, brother, Qaiser Amin Butt and Nadeem Zia to form the said society; Khawaja Bros deny the charge.
Khawaja Saad Rafique had branded NAB as a “black law that had been utilized to victimise political opponents since its inception”.
“Even the accountability during the PML-N government was not transparent,” Rafique had conceded during his NA speech in December last year.
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam-led Pakistan make Test cricket history in Bangladesh10:26 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan’s naval, air chiefs condole death of India’s top general ...09:27 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Rohit Sharma repalces Virat Kohli as India’s ODI captain09:07 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021