COAS approves death sentence for Brigadier, awards 14 year jail term to Lt Gen for espionage
According to a press release issued by the military's media wing on Thursday, Lt Gen (r) Javed Iqbal was awarded 14 years jail term while both Brig (r) Raja Rizwan and Dr Waseem Akram were awarded death sentence; the punishments have now been ratified by the military chief.
The military's media wing stated that the officers were tried under the Pakistan Army Act (PAA) and Official Secret Act by separate Field General Court Martial (FGCM) for separate cases.
Some 400 officers of different ranks have been given various punishments, including dismissal from service, during the last two years.
- Mahira Khan jolts the internet with killer dance moves in saree ...04:09 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Pakistan eye series win against Windies in final T20I today03:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021