COAS approves death sentence for Brigadier, awards 14 year jail term to Lt Gen for espionage
According to a press release issued by the military's media wing on Thursday, Lt Gen (r) Javed Iqbal was awarded 14 years jail term while both Brig (r) Raja Rizwan and Dr Waseem Akram were awarded death sentence; the punishments have now been ratified by the military chief.
The military's media wing stated that the officers were tried under the Pakistan Army Act (PAA) and Official Secret Act by separate Field General Court Martial (FGCM) for separate cases.
Some 400 officers of different ranks have been given various punishments, including dismissal from service, during the last two years.
- Saudi man linked to Jamal Khashoggi's murder arrested in Paris11:55 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- BBC's 100 women of 2021: Who is on the list from Pakistan this time?11:19 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Pakistan announces lifetime salary for the family ...10:45 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021