President Mamnoon signs bill to revive military courts for two years
After an approval by the President, the amendment has a status of Act of Parliament.
The bill had been forwarded to the President after it was passed by the lawmakers of National Assembly and Senate.
On March 28, Senate approved the bill unanimously for the revival of the military courts. All the parties, except for the government ally PkMAP supported the bill. The JUI-F opted to abstain from voting.
On March 21, National Assembly approved the 28th amendment to Constitution of Pakistan paving the way for the extension of military courts.
Law Minister Zahid Hamid had presented the bill in the Assembly for approval where 253 members voted in favour of the motion while four opposed the motion thereby showing two-third majority.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021