Kevin Pietersen cites Imran Khan's 'madness' comments as reason for not playing PSL final in Lahore
According to a report by The News, the master blaster quoted PTI chairman Imran Khan's 'madness' comments when asked whether he would travel to Lahore to play the final of Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 2.
As franchise owners are pulling up socks for their journey to Lahore in case they make it to the final, Pietersen told his management that when Imran Khan was saying that holding final in Lahore was madness, then how could he go there.
Pietersen headed to London after Gladiators snatched a last ball victory in a high-octane clash over Peshawar Zalmi last night.
The management of Quetta Gladiators is currently trapped between a rock and a hard place because at one end, they are celebrating their entry to final but on the other hand, foreign players including Luke Wright and Tymal Mills are not willing to land in Lahore for the final contest.
The cricketer turned politician said that blocking roads and tight security for organising the match would not give a message of peace to the world.
Imran himself would be skipping the final match scheduled to entertain cricket fans on March 5.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021