Altaf Hussain didn't criticise army: MQM
In a statement, MQM's Coordination Committee said Altaf Hussain has not only approved of General Raheel’s actions but also applauded his efforts against terrorism.
Earlier in the day, DG ISPR Major General Asim Bajwa termed Hussain’s remarks uncalled-for and irresponsible.
In a tweet the army spokesperson termed Altaf Hussain's speech “disgusting,” saying that reference to the army or its leadership while reacting to arrest of criminals with suspected links to political parties will not be tolerated.
Altaf, while addressing his supporters via a telephonic address at Nine-Zero on late Thursday, referred to the 1971 surrender of the armed forces, using it to ask why the party was labelled as traitors when some of its members sought refuge in India after fleeing prosecution in the aftermath of the 1992 operation against them.
Hussain's speech came after SSP Malir Rao Anwar held a press conference on Thursday where he alleged that the MQM had ties with Indian spy agency RAW.
- Pakistan’s young mountaineer Shehroze Kashif found after he went ...10:03 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh detained from hotel in Lahore09:24 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:56 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 06 July 202208:43 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022