Hafiz Saeed announces to contest next elections from MML platform
Talking to media, Saeed said that he would contest the election on the platform of the Milli Muslim League (MML), but he did not disclose anything about the constituency.
Khalid said that the party will work to make Pakistan “a real Islamic and welfare state” and that it is ready to cooperate with like-minded parties
On January 31, the JuD chief had been detained under Section 11-EEE(1) of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1977 and the court refused to extend his house arrest on Nov 23. Subsequently, he was released from the detention.
On the release of Saeed, who has been accused by the United States and India of masterminding the 2008 attacks on the Indian financial hub Mumbai that left 166 people dead, India expressed outrage. It called an attempt by Pakistan to mainstream proscribed terrorists and a reflection of its continuing support to non-state actors.
Saeed after got freed by the government had said, “I was detained for 10 months only to stop my voice for Kashmir”. He added, “I will gather the people from across the country for the cause of Kashmir and we will try to help Kashmiris get their destination of freedom.”
- Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude ...10:36 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019