Hafiz Saeed announces to contest next elections from MML platform
Talking to media, Saeed said that he would contest the election on the platform of the Milli Muslim League (MML), but he did not disclose anything about the constituency.
Khalid said that the party will work to make Pakistan “a real Islamic and welfare state” and that it is ready to cooperate with like-minded parties
On January 31, the JuD chief had been detained under Section 11-EEE(1) of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1977 and the court refused to extend his house arrest on Nov 23. Subsequently, he was released from the detention.
On the release of Saeed, who has been accused by the United States and India of masterminding the 2008 attacks on the Indian financial hub Mumbai that left 166 people dead, India expressed outrage. It called an attempt by Pakistan to mainstream proscribed terrorists and a reflection of its continuing support to non-state actors.
Saeed after got freed by the government had said, “I was detained for 10 months only to stop my voice for Kashmir”. He added, “I will gather the people from across the country for the cause of Kashmir and we will try to help Kashmiris get their destination of freedom.”
- PM Imran visits ISI headquarters, briefed on national security07:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020