2014 sit-in: ATC approves bail of Imran Khan in all four cases
ATC Judge Sharukh Arjumand reserved the decision earlier today while hearing four cases against regarding destroying property, attacking the building of PTV and Parliament, and injuring SSP Azmat Junejo during the 2014 sit-ins staged by PTI and PAT.
Talking to media following the court verdict, Khan said that the decision proved that he is sadiq (truthful) and ameen (righteous), not a terrorist.
Criticising a comment of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif regarding his acquittal by the Supreme Court, the PTI chief said that he was darling of judiciary due to abiding by the law.
He further said that astrologists has predicted next government will be made by the PTI. He added that no any NRO (National Reconciliation Order) will be acceptable.
As the court resumed hearing, the judge summoned Khan till 12pm as he did not appear in the court. His counsel, Babar Awan, also did not appear before the court earlier today.
Later, the PTI chief and Awan reached the court. Presenting arguments, Awan asked is his client a terrorist. He said that no any witness has accused Imran Khan of carrying out attack on SSP Asmatullah Junejo.
However, the prosecutor asked the court to dismiss the bail pleas of Khan, adding that a person who has been shunning court hearings intentionally should not be granted a bail.
In November last year, The PTI chief through his counsel had surrendered himself before the ATC, which then approved the PTI chairman’s bail for Rs200,000 in each case. Earlier, the court had issued non-bailable arrest warrants for Imran Khan for not appearing in the court.
On December 13, the ATC had extended the interim bail of Imran Khan in the four cases untill January 2, 2018 (today).
Khan and his political cousin are facing charges of torturing then Islamabad Operations SSP Asmatullah Junejo and attacking state buildings and damaging public properties in Red Zone during the sit-in staged by PTI and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT).
In August 2014, a clash erupted between police and protesters in Islamabad when protesters tried to breach the security cordon after the government, PTI and PAT failed to break the deadlock on the resignation of then prime minister Nawaz Sharif
In the clash, three protesters were killed and more than 500 injured including police officials. SSP Junejo was also among the injured.
- Expansionary Fiscal and Monetary Policy to Ensure Sustainable Growth10:43 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic makes heads turn with her bold photoshoot ...10:40 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:10 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 June 202109:33 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Late Paul Walker's daughter may appear in Fast & Furious 10: Vin ...11:44 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021