Running nobody’s election campaign, clarifies CJP Nisar during Rawalpindi hospital visit
The chief justice gave these remarks during the visit of an under-construction Rawalpindi Child and Mother Hospital (RCMH) located in the constituency of Awami Muslim League Chairman Sheikh Rasheed’s constituency.
He said that he was visiting the hospital to check the progress and he had not been invited by anyone. Responding to a question regarding his visit to the hospital in Rasheed’s constituency amid electioneering, the chief justice said that he has not taken a contract to run the campaign of any political party.
The whirlwind visit of the top judge to the hospital, a project which was started in 2005 during former president Pervez Musharraf’s tenure, came after he heard a case about the RCMH. The AML chief also attended the hearing when he invited the chief justice to visit the hospital in order to give it revival.
The AML chief informed the judge that work on the project had halted since 2006 as the successive governments of PPP and PML-N had not issued funds for it.
The chief justice said that the project must be completed in 18 months adding that the funds for it would be provided on a regular basis. “The apex court will provide funds to you if the government does not release the money,” he assured.
The chief justice also reprimanded Pakistan Public Works Department’s chief engineer and ordered him to resume the work.
The RCMH, commonly known as TB Hospital, inaugurated on April 8, 2005 by then prime minister Shaukat Aziz. It was a joint project of the centre and the Punjab government on the basis of equal sharing.
But work on the project was stopped soon after the formation of the PML-N government in Punjab in March 2008.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021